When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat.
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 Sudoku game on Facebook.
Are you an ambitious game developer with a passion for casual games? Can you set up code in a flexible and stable way? Do you want to contribute to online games that are played by millions around the world? Then we have an excellent career opportunity for you!
Your key responsibilities:
– Set up and develop games from start to finish
– Take ownership of delivering stable game-code
– Assess any technical risks and mitigate them on time
– At least 2 years of relevant experience in the games industry
– Fully comfortable with scrum development processes
– Knowledge of object oriented game development
– Knowledge in Javascipt and/or TypeScript
– Experience in casual, multiplayer games is desirable
– Comfortable with agile development processes and tools
– Proactive and used to taking ownership and responsibility
– Good team player and supportive to other departments
– Excellent social, communication and presentation skills
– Fluent English speaker and writer
– A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
– Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
– Optional company stock plan participation
– Health care insurance compensation
– Sports allowance
– An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
– An open, informal and international company culture