Hi There! We are Kool2Play and we make meaningful pop games. You may have already heard about one of them, our challenging top-down shooter with rogue-lite flavor, Uragun.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about games and their craft and has ambition to be a part of something big. Candidate should be capable of communicating with our coders to determine the best solutions for visual quality within technical and scope restrictions of the project. We work in an open-minded, professional, independent, responsible and kind culture, so self-motivation, independent drive, and excellent communication skills are a must.
Join us now as a Art Director so together we can make games everyone is talking about!
Your job will be to:
– Refine and develop the visual design and identity for the game.
– Partner with the creative leads in defining a vision that supports the artistic, game design and narrative goals.
– Serve as the link between the artistic, design and technical teams.
– Collaborate with the design lead to support and improve the gameplay, offering art-driven solutions to design challenges.
– Develop and refine style guides for environment, character, props, lighting, and special effects.
– Setup game’s rendering and lighting features to achieve required visual quality and consistency of the game.
– Work with programmers to develop and test new visual features.
– Establish and maintain the art pipeline as well as setting protocol and quality standards for asset review.
– Ensure required quality standards for game assets.
– Deliver concept/sketch artwork to communicate the direction.
– Assist in the creation and customization of art assets.
– As the studio grows, manage teams, both internal and external, and cultivate team members’ professional growth.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
– Hands-on attitude.
– Ability to define a high caliber vision for game titles with outstanding visual and technical understanding in rendering and asset creation.
– An understanding and passion for both art and technical solutions.
– Broad knowledge of all art disciplines including: concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading and rendering.
– Experienced in creating 3D assets for a game engine (Unity).
– Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise, professional and kind manner.
– Ability to give and take criticism in a kind and professional manner.
– Strong leadership skills and can comfortably manages small teams of passionate fellow devs.
– Passion about game visuals and creating beautiful and immersive worlds.
– Forward-thinking, curious and can-do mindset, with the ability to self-manage to a high level of success.
– At least 5 years experience in a game dev industry, with at least 2 commercially shipped titles.
Nice to have:
– Previous work as an Art Director, Lead Artist, Senior Artist or Level Artist on a shipped title.
– Being comfortable with the fundamentals of both character and environmental design.
– Experience creating shaders, materials, postprocesses, VFX or animations.
– Bravery to apply even if you don’t check all the boxes but have the guts to prove that you fit the role!
We offer you:
– Fantastic projects to work on.
– Experienced team that loves to share their knowledge.
– Attractive salary and employment form tailored to your liking.
– Real influence on our games (including game’s vision and visual identity) and organization (your opinion matters!).
– True challenges to solve with necessary tools and support to succeed.
– All standard perks and benefits. Except fruits. Tell us if you’d like some fruits and you’ll get some!
– Relaxed and easygoing atmosphere with no corpo-bullshits.
– Cool office with beautiful green garden located in Warsaw, Żoliborz (or you can work remotely!)
If you’re a gun we’re looking for, send your portfolio and resume.
Uragun is a challenging top-down shooter with roguelite flavor. Play as a deadly-but-adorable mech unit and improvise your way out of trouble. We need you to make this game really shine!