Here at Faraway, we are making massively social, blockchain games. We believe in open economies, true digital ownership, and most importantly, that “fun” is a store of value.
Our ideal teammates are low ego, hard-working, and self-motivating. Our culture is based around hard work, high ownership, leading by example, and last but not least, always doing the right thing by our community. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then continue reading.
About this Role
As a Blockchain Software Engineer on the fun-filled shooter team, you will be working on all on-chain aspects of the game as well as integrating with other services like Web3 wallets, DeFi applications, among others. You will also be working closely with the game engineers to integrate all on-chain and off-chain systems. Let’s go! ️
● Develop and deploy different types of Smart Contracts on Solana including tokens,
marketplaces, escrow contracts and game mechanics; provide the highest level of reliability and security with all contract code thoroughly audited and tested
● Insist on the highest standards of architecture and optimization and think toward the
future as you create features for our millions of players.
● Collaborate with design, art, production, and leadership teams to specify and build
features and development tools for our games.
● Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions.
● Stay current with latest blockchain developments and best practices
● Work hard .
● Bachelors or greater, preferably in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
● Hands-on engineering experience and expertise in one or more of the following blockchain technologies: Ethereum or Solana
● Experience with development and deployment of smart contracts
● Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform
● Experience designing and developing for large, horizontally scalable, high-transaction
volume systems Desired Skills
● Passionate about game and blockchain development
● Deep knowledge of building Solana applications at scale