Lead UI/UX Designer
Reports to: Producer
Summary: Define, communicate, make, and maintain the User Interface of a game
– Understand and communicate the artistic direction of the project to ensure that UI/UX team executes this vision as faithfully as possible.
– Work with UI artists, UX Designers, Technical artists and Programmers to ensure the best possible visual quality, while respecting the technical constraints of the game.
– Support, inspire and coach UI/UX team while providing a clear, well-considered direction and feedback on their work.
– Participate in the definition and prioritization of artistic milestones and define the workload of UI/UX team.
– Follow up with the UI/UX team to ensure that everyone delivers their work on time and with expected quality.
– Optimize the work methodology and the artistic processes, so that the contribution of each artist is optimal.
– Follow up with the outsourcers, evaluate their work and give them feedback in order to reach the objectives of the project.
– Help recruit and welcome new UI/UX to the team.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
– College or university diploma in Graphic Design, Game Art, Illustration or equivalent training
– 5 years’ experience as UI artiost or UX designer; Experience leading a Team on a project, big or small
– Excellent communication skills and knowledge of written and spoken English
– Good knowledge of mobile artistic production pipelines.
– Strong fundamental knowledge of art, visual communication and design principles
– Excellent hands-on artistic skills: from pre-visualization and concept art to color correction and polish
– Strong creative mind for ideation, innovation and UX
– Familiarity with tablet games and related creative crafts such as animation, audio, game design and game art
– Versatility and comfort working in a broad range of styles and genres
– Strong understanding of Adobe Photoshop and illustrator
– Some knowledge of Unity
– Animation, motion graphics, and print design is a plus
– Positive leader with an ability to present ideas clearly and inspire a team
– Good sense of responsibilities, constraints, and schedules
– Ability to clearly express his vision of the Artistic direction
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Ability to think synthetically and analytically.
MOTIVATION AND INTERESTS: