Presentation Art Director
Reports to Producer
You are responsible for the conception, the direction and the production of the visual identity at a product level and at a brand level.
In collaboration with the creative team:
– You conceptualize and supervise the game visual identity and maintain a consistent vision through all development phases;
– You oversee the project’s look-and-feel and help ensure all contributing artists understand the visual identity;
– Notably, you’re responsible of the UI & UX of the game: you ensure that the visual design is exciting, relevant, and supports the user experience;
– You are in charge of showcasing the lore, the characters and the universe throughout the game, especially in the menus;
– You participate in the creation of content, such as the development of new characters and skins (including vfx, lighting, etc.) and new maps (including environment art);
– You create presentation guidelines (style guides) that wll be used to direct the team and external partners;
– In general, you are key contributor to the overall design process and artistic direction of the game.
In collaboration with marketing and third parties:
– You are a key contributor in establishing the brand identity. In particular, you are in charge of building a visual identity that is exciting, relevant for our target audience, and consistent across all player touch points;
– Notably, once the game is live, you are in charge of the visual packaging of content updates;
– You are in charge of ensuring quality and vision are respected through marketing assets created (trailers, screenshots, merchandising, licensing, etc.).
Experience and qualifications:
– College or university diploma in graphic design art, or equivalent education;
– 5+ years experience as a UI Artist;
– 2+ years in a leadership role (Presentation Director, Lead UI, etc.);
– Participated in 3+ high-quality titles.
– A broad versatility and knowledge of art, visual communication and design principles;
– Strong comprehension of game design and related creative crafts such as animation, audio, etc.;
– Great taste and artistic judgement, excellent understanding of visual appeal for different types of audiences;
– Great versatility and comfort working in a broad range of styles and genres;
– Strong creative mind for ideation, innovation and brand thinking;
– Willingness to push the envelope and create experiences that will be a reference in the industry.
– Positive leader with a strong ability to inspire a team;
– Excellent ability to communicate a direction;
– Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other crafts within a production team;
– Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Motivation and interest:
Ambition and passion for videogames are essential!
Interest for e-sports and competitive gaming an asset!